- Facilities Maintenance
- Agriculture Society
- Corrections Commission of Northwest Ohio (CCNO)
- Hahn Center
- Highway Garage
- Office Complex
- Senior Center
- Sheriff's Building
- Title Office
- Northwest Ohio Juvenile Detention, Training & Rehabilitation Center
- Veteran's Plaza
The Henry County Agriculture Society maintains the lease on the county fairgrounds property, located on the south side of Napoleon. In 2003, the Henry County Fair celebrated its 150th? Anniversary.
View the Henry County Fair page.
The property at the Corrections Commission of Northwest Ohio (CCNO) is jointly owned by Henry, Defiance, Williams, Fulton, and Lucas counties, as well as the City of Toledo. The regional jail has 642 beds, of which nearly 40 are reserved for Henry County, and is located just off State Route 34 near Stryker, Ohio. Built in 1990, it replaced the jails of the four NW Ohio counties.
Visit the Corrections Commission of Northwest Ohio (CCNO) website.
Completed in 1882 for $95,000, the Courthouse is the most prominent building in Henry County and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Located in the heart of downtown Napoleon, the Courthouse houses Henry County's Judicial System, Clerk of Courts, Auditor, Treasurer, Recorder, Engineer, and Board of Elections.
The County Engineer is responsible for the maintenance of nearly 300 bridges and 400 miles of road in Henry County, the same distance from Napoleon to St. Louis, Missouri! The Engineer also maintains approximately 3,000 culverts. These county projects receive funding from Ohio's gas tax and auto registration fees. Other roadways in the county are maintained either by local townships or by the Ohio Department of Transportation.
View the Engineer page.
In 1990, the Board of County Commissioners purchased the Hahn Center. The early 1900's era building originally housed a retail business, and is now home to Job and Family Services, OSU Extension, EMS, CIC and Planning departments. It is located just north across the street of the Courthouse.
The Henry County Highway Garage is located on the west side of the city, and serves as the Engineer's operations center for the highway and bridge maintenance program.
View the Engineer page.
In 1977, Henry County voters approved a bond issue for the construction of a new Henry County Hospital on State Route 424 on the city's east side. Constructed in 1980 on this 15-acre site, the property is leased to the hospital board.
Visit the Henry County Hospital website.
Henry County residents and businesses have been disposing of their solid waste at the county landfill since. The landfill currently receives approximately 25,000 tons of waste per year
View the Landfill page.
In 2003, the Board of Commissioners purchased 20 acres of land and a vacant 78,000 square-foot strip mall at a former WalMart center, which is now known as the Henry County Office Complex.
The purchase allowed the Health Department to relocate and double in size, and also provided the Commissioners new offices due to the beginning of a new court on the fourth floor of the Courthouse. The Complex currently houses the Commissioners, Litter, Dog Warden, LEPC, EMA, Health Departments, and the Henry County Emergency Operations Center.
The Henry County Senior Center also houses the Transportation department. Jointly owned by the City of Napoleon and Henry County, the Center opened its doors in 1977 and is located in the northeast corner of downtown Napoleon.
View the Senior Center page.
The Sheriff's building, located immediately east of the Courthouse, was also completed in 1882 for $20,000, and formerly housed the Sheriff's family and served as the county jail until 1990.
View the Sheriff page.
The Henry County Title office is a division of the Clerk of Courts. Approximately 16,000 titles are processed each year at their location on Perry Street, just south of the Courthouse.
View the Clerk of Courts page.
The Northwest Ohio Juvenile Detention, Training and Rehabilitation Center was built in 1999 on property next to CCNO. It is operated by a district formed by Henry, Defiance, Williams and Fulton counties. Henry County has 6 beds reserved, out of 32 total. On-site classroom study and other educational programs are key to offenders' rehabilitations.
Built in 1989 through community donations, the Veteran's Plaza honors the memories of those Henry County men and women who died in service to their country. It is located just east of the Courthouse and Sheriff's building.
View the Veteran's Service Commission page.