Please call 419-592-7771 to make an appointment for a marriage license.
Marriage License Applications
- Males 18 years of age, females 16 years of age (minors must have parental consent)
- 25 years old or younger - Copy of Birth Certificate must be furnished
- Residency Requirements: Residents of the State of Ohio must apply for a license in the county in which they reside. Non-residents of the state of Ohio must apply in the court where the marriage ceremony will be performed.
- If previously married: Must furnish a file-stamped copy of divorce or dissolution decree. If multiple past marriages, a file stamped copy of each divorce/ dissolution must be furnished.
- Fee: $45 (cash only)
- If either applicant owes court costs in either Henry County Probate, Juvenile or Henry County Common Pleas Court - these costs must be paid before license is issued
- Who must be present to apply: Both parties
- You must know your Social Security Number
- The marriage license will be issued the day of application, (if all information has been presented correctly and all court costs are paid), and is valid for 60 days of the date of issuance
- After the couple is married, and the person who performed the ceremony has returned the certificate back to the court, the couple will need a certified copy of their marriage license to change the bride’s name with the Social Security Office and the Driver’s License Bureau. The cost of a certified copy of the marriage license is $5.00 per certified copy.
Our records encompass:
- Births and Deaths: 1867 to 1908
- Estates: 1847 to Present
- Marriage: 1847 to Present
- Naturalization: Starts in 1853
Office Records are not online.