Grant funds provided by Henry County Small Business Relief Program can only be used to pay the expenses of the business: a) related to the costs of business interruption caused by required closures, or b) that the business faces due to its uncertainty as to its ability to pay due to the pandemic. Eligible expenses include, but are not limited to:
- Mortgage costs. Mortgage costs for businesses that are in or operated out of a personal residence are not an eligible expense.
- Rent or lease costs. Rent or lease costs for businesses that are in or operated out of a personal residence are not an eligible expense.
- Expenses for utilities, such as electric, gas, sewer, water, trash removal. Utility costs for businesses that are in or operated out of personal residence are not an eligible expense
- Salaries, wages, or compensation paid to employees/workers or 1099 workers.
- Materials and supplies related to the interruption of the business caused by required closures.
- Personal Protective Equipment or other COVID-19 related costs such as expenses related to compliance with Responsible Restart Ohio.
If awarded, all grant funding distributed as a part of this program must be spent within 30 calendar days of receipt. Grant funds can be used to reimburse eligible expenses incurred from March 23, 2020, through 30 calendar days from receipt of grant funds. At the end of the grant term (which is 45 calendar days from the receipt of grant funds), the business shall submit an itemized list of all expenditures along with all supporting documentation. Documentation shall be in the form of paid invoices and canceled checks, bank statements, or similar documentation showing payment of eligible expenses. If the business cannot properly substantiate its eligible expenses, the business will be required to repay the undocumented grant funds. The Henry County Small Business Relief Program will send an invoice to the business of undocumented or unallowed grant funds within 60 days of the grant funds being dispersed. The business is required to remit payment within 10 of the invoice All grant fund documentation must be turned into the authority having jurisdiction within 45 days of grant funds being awarded.
- Cost of vehicle or equipment leased or purchased after March 23, 2020, except if the purchase of equipment is to comply with Responsible Restart Ohio.
- Personal, non-business expenses of the business or its owner(s).
- Construction costs (if not related due to the Restart Ohio guidelines)
- Any tax, license, or fee obligations payable to any governmental entity.