Eligible Small Businesses
To be eligible to apply for grant funds under the Henry County Small Business Relief Program, a business must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a for-profit entity with a location in Henry County.
- Have a Federal Taxpayer Identification Number for its type of business / social security number for a sole proprietor.
- Have been operational since at least January of 2019. This can be evidenced, at a minimum, by:
- Filing(s) with the Ohio Secretary of State, such as articles of incorporation or other registration documents along with an Ohio Secretary of State Certificate of Good Standing
- An Ohio vendor's license
- Federal Schedule C - Profit or Loss from Business (Sole Proprietorship, etc.); or any other documents that demonstrate that the business has been in operation as a for-profit entity since January 2019.
- Have less than $1 million in gross revenue/receipts on an annual basis. This can be evidenced by records such as the business' 2018 and 2019 federal income tax return or financial statements.
- Expenditures must be related to the business interruption caused by required closures. Examples:
- Inability to maintain normal business operations due to Ohio Governor's / Ohio Public Health Director's orders.
- For essential business, inability to access/obtain/utilize workers due to COVID-19
- See the complete list on this page.
- Have 30 (equivalent full-time employees) or fewer employees or 1099 workers as of March 22, 2020. This can be demonstrated by forms such as 2019 Form W-3 (Transmittal of Wage and Tax Statement) or 2019 Form 1096 (Annual Summary and Transmittal of U.S. Information Returns) and payroll reports or checks that evidence number of workers as of March 22, 2020 or statement attesting/certifying that your business has this number employees/workers or 1099 workers.
- Grants will not be awarded for expenses that have received or been approved for other federal assistance for lost revenue or expenses arising from the pandemic, including Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), Emergency Disaster Loan. For example, a business that received the paycheck protection program may not receive this grant to offset employee costs but may apply for expense for compliance for Restart Ohio Program. Additionally, businesses with an approved application, that have not received federal assistance will be given priority.
- Have not been approved for a business interruption insurance claim as result of COVID-19.
- Business applicant location is in Henry County, Ohio and grant funds will be used for expenses only for that business. This can be evidenced by records such as a mortgage statement, utility bill, insurance premium statement, property tax bills or other recognized ways.
- Must be able to attest that they are in compliance with federal, state, or county and local requirements applicable to its type of business.
- Must be able to attest it is current with all federal, state, county and local taxes and fees.
- Must be able to attest it is in good standing with all applicable government regulations related to building code or property maintenance issues.
- Must be able to attest it is not currently in bankruptcy or has filed for bankruptcy.
Ineligible Small Businesses
A business is not eligible to apply for Grant Funds under the Henry County Small Business Relief Program if it primarily operates as one of the following:
- Adult entertainment establishment
- Banks, savings and loan or credit unions
- Cannabis dispensary
- Clubs or Service Organizations
- E-commerce only company
- Franchised business not locally owned and independently operated
- Liquor / wine store
- Places of worships, non-profits
- Tobacco store
- Vaping store